If you citing an external article and adding it in your POwerPoint (PPT) presentations. you need to clarify it. The best way is by using Footnotes. You can display on the bottom slide in question; you can easily add footnotes in your PowerPoint.
Note: The following tutorial is intended for users who are running PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, and PowerPoint Online.
Read More: How to Insert GIF Animation in PowerPoint
How to Make Footnotes in PowerPoint for Windows
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and navigate to the slide to which you want to add the footnotes.
- Select the text or image you want to reference in your footnotes and type the number to the right, preferably “1” if it is the first footnote on the slide, as shown in the accompanying screenshot. You can also use letters or symbols if you want.
- Select the Insert tab, which is located at the top of the PowerPoint interface.
- Select Header & Footer.
- The Header and Footer interface should be visible; overlaying the main PPT window. Select Slide tab, if it is not already selected.
- Select Footer.
- In the Footer edit field, first type the number, letter, or symbol that you used in step 2.
- Next, following a space, enter the text that you want to appear in your footnotes.
- To display footnotes with your footnote text only on the current slide, select Apply. To display this footnote on all slides on the current deck, select Apply to All.
- Your footnote will now be visible. To display your footnote indicators in the right superscript format, first select numbers, letters, or symbols so that they are highlighted.
- Select Home, which is located in the upper left corner of the PowerPoint interface.
- Select the diagonal arrow located in the lower right corner of the Font section in the main PowerPoint toolbar.
- The Font dialog box will now be visible, overlaying the main PowerPoint window. Select Font tab, if it is not already selected.
- In the Effects section, select Superscript to activate it.
- Select OK.
- Your footnote indicator will now be displayed in the right superscript format. Repeat this as many times as needed to convert all footnote indicators to the correct size.
To delete footnotes at any point, return to the Header & Footer interface referenced in step 5 and select Footer again to remove the check mark and deactivate it. To delete footnotes only from the current slide, select Apply. To delete the footer from all slides, select Apply to All.